Cost: 1.99 USD
A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for %DESCRIPTION%.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weather’s auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
• Today widget for iOS that shows current radar map and current conditions for your current location, all without having to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What’s new in version 3.4:
• Improvement to the Forgot Password Reset mechanism to make it quicker and easier for you to manage if you’ve forgotten your app account password.
We hope you enjoy the improvements!
From version 3.3.2:
• Improvement to help make Lightning strikes appear faster on the map.
From version 3.3.1:
• Bug fixes for app crashes happening to some users.
From version 3.3:
1) Lightning Strikes on the map are back!
• In the Layers “Alerts” section, tap the new Lightning button to see Lightning Strikes within 150 miles of that location.
2) Landscape mode for iPhone is back!
• Enjoy viewing the Radar map full-screen in both Landscape and Portrait views, just like in the old app.
3) Fire Weather alerts layer is back!
• In the Layers “Alerts” section, tap the new “Other” button to view Fire Weather, Wind, Heat, and other misc. alerts.
4) New option to customize the time format for the Radar loop.
• In Settings > Advanced, display Relative time just like in the old app (e.g. “XX minutes ago”).
5) Redesiged the Layers and Alerts screen so map options are easier to see and select.
6) The “Tropical Tracks” button was renamed to “Hurricane Tracks” so it’s more obvious how to see Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
7) Saving a new location is easier. The app now lets you refine the pin’s location before you save it.
© 2017 Duke Networks, LLC