Cost: 1.99 USD
A simple yet powerful app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for %DESCRIPTION%.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Storm Tracks, that let you see how fast storms are moving and where they’re headed
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weather’s auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
• Today widget for iOS that shows current radar map and current conditions for your current location, all without having to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What’s new in version 3.2:
Thanks for your feedback from our last release! Your top priorities told us you wanted the map easier to see, to keep your desired map views between app launches, and make it easier to switch between locations. We hope you enjoy these improvements!
Here’s what’s new in this release:
1) Make the map icons and toolbars smaller so you can see more of the map.
• The red pin is back! Your saved locations now use the original red pin on the map that the old app version used.
• The full-screen button is back! Tap this button (in the lower-left corner of the map) to hide all map tools so you can view the map full-screen.
• Your current location pin icon (when you have it enabled) now uses Apple’s smaller standard blue dot.
• Your current location weather bug (which was previously the big blue weather info ball on your current location) has been redesigned and now appears in the lower-right corner of the map.
• The map toolbar at the bottom of the screen is smaller and now has a touch of transparency.
2) Map views now persist between app launches so you don’t have to keep resetting the map to a desired view (includes map zoom level, the location you were last looking at, the map layers you chose to view, and opacity).
3) In your Bookmarks of saved locations, you can now tap a saved location to quickly go straight to that location on the map.
What’s up next? We are working hard to bring lightning strikes back to the app, and improve the app based on what you’re telling us, so please keep your feedback coming!
© 2017 Duke Networks, LLC